I got nominated for a Liebster award by Merbear264 whose very interesting blog you can find here :http://knockedoverbyafeather.wordpress.com/ . I really appreciate it and think this whole thing is very cool. If I understand correctly you have to list 11 things about yourself, then ask 11 questions and nominate 11 other people who have less than 200 followers?
I think it’s really cool 🙂
So here are 11 things about myself:
1. I have a one year old baby girl, who is the light of my life. I had her at 19. It taught me a lot!
2. I love to write. Even though I’m studying psychology, I hope to be a writer someday
3. I live in sunny South Africa, we have some crazy politics, but it’s a beautiful country.
4. I would love to go to Pairs someday.
5. I love to read. I could devour 3 or 4 books at a time on my e-reader
6. When I retire, I hope to open up a joint bookstore and coffee shop where people can just read and be themselves 🙂
7. I only drink decaff coffee, and have about 6 cups a day!
8. I love biltong (which is beef jerkey for all you non SA’s out there, but here, it tastes amazing!)
9. I really don’t like cats that much
10. I am petrified of fish! It’s like a phobia
11. This blog keeps me sane
Okay, now to answer merbear’s questions 🙂
1. Fact or fiction? Fiction!!
2.What is your favorite animal and why? Koala bear, they just look so cute and cuddly
3. Do you think being rich would make you happy? I think it might, especially if I could share that money with other people. I live in a relatively impoverished nation.
4. Are you bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning, or grumpasauras rex? BIG TIME grumpassaruas!
5. What is your favorite dessert? I don’t really like sweet stuff!
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Getting my thoughts out of my head, and providing information on epilepsy and bi polar to some of my friends and other people who don’t understand it 100%
7. Do you like reality TV shows? NO NO NO. But I watch them in secret when I need to switch off my brain
8. If you could have lunch with one famous person, dead or alive, who would it be? Nelson Mandela
9. What is your favorite breakfast cereal? I don’t really eat breakfast, bad I know! But it would have to be cocoa pops
10. Do you believe that love is all we need? Not really, you can’t eat love, you can’t find shelter in love, love doesn’t send your kids to school. Based on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, love is important, but we need to take care of our basic needs first.
11. Chocolate or vanilla? Possibly strawberry? I love vanilla!
Now for the blogs I nominate :
1. Australopith at http://australopith.wordpress.com/
2. Wynter’s Life at http://wynterslife.wordpress.com/
3. Zaarmeenk at http://zarmeenk.wordpress.com/
4. Raising 5 kids with Disabilities at http://5kidswdisabilities.com/
5. The Day After at http://lingeringvisions.wordpress.com/
6. Slightly Manic Mummy at http://slightlymanicmummy.wordpress.com/
7. Brain Cooties at http://braincooties.wordpress.com/
8. Cute. But Psycho at http://thecutebutpsychoblog.wordpress.com/
9. Ginzgg at http://ginzgg.wordpress.com/
10. Your Bipolar Girl at http://yourbipolargirl.wordpress.com/
11. Forcing myself Happy at http://forcingmyselfhappy.com/
Here are my questions :
1. Why do you blog?
2. Favorite colour?:
3. 3 things you love about yourself (don’t be shy!):
4. Favorite song:
5. Do you think voting is important?
6. What is your ultimate dream?:
7. Who was your first crush or infatuation?:
8. Would you rather be cremated or buried? (depressing I know, but death is inevitable!):
9. Do you have any children or do you want to have children someday?:
10. What is your secret talent?:
11. What is on your mind right now (the last thing you ate maybe?):
Okay cool! Here’s more info 🙂
There are 4 steps to receiving this award..
- List 11 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
Have a good day everyone!! xxxx